Thursday, October 21, 2010

Just some ramblings ...

I just posted this as a reply to something on Etsy, and I liked it so much I wanted to blog it too!

I left my day job on Dec. 20, 1996 to follow my heart to California. My heart was broken, but my spirit wasn't and I continued without a (regular) day job for the next 7 years or so ... in Silicon Valley, of all places, where it was freakin' expensive. I took a temp job now and then, sold stuff on eBay, did occasional craft fairs and didn't spend enough time at the beach.

I've now been laid off 4 times in the last 6 years, which is probably the universe telling me I don't need a day job. Yet I can't help but feel that I need health insurance, if nothing else, and I can't afford that expense on my own. I'm currently laid off and yes, I'm looking for a day job ... again. And now I live too far from the beach.

No comments: