I Just Bought the Winning Mega Millions Ticket!


Ok, everyone, you can go on back home now. You don't need to stand in line at the mini-marts, gas stations, grocery stores, etc. to buy a Mega Millions ticket for tonight. Why, you ask?

Because I just bought it!

I believe in the power of positive thinking, so if I think it, it will happen ... RIGHT?????

What would YOU do if you won $425 million dollars? 

Me? The first thing I'd do is celebrate because there's no state tax on lottery winnings where I live! Goodness knows the OTHER taxes are high enough to make up for that though. LOL!

Federal income tax is a whopping 35%. At least I think that's the highest federal income tax bracket. Since I would probably take the cash payment (I am north of 50 ...), that takes a big chunk right off the top.

So back to what I would will do when I win tonight! Near the top of the list is buy a house. But WHERE? After all, I can now afford to live ANYWHERE I want to live! I've always thought I'd enjoy living on the Coast, and probably the California coast, as I don't relish the thought of dealing with hurricanes (which rules out much/most of the East Coast and pretty much all of the Gulf states, not that I can see myself living in the South in the first place! Capitola is my favorite beach town here in California, but I'll take some time to travel a bit just to be sure that I still want to stay in the U.S. With a gazillion dollars just less than $425 million dollars to invest, I'd like to think that even Canada would take me now! But, yeah, I'd probably stay in the U.S. I don't have any ties to Canada these days (R.I.P. Chris). Other than the South, I also don't want to live where there's a LOT of snow, so that rules out about 2/3 of the country. I'll have to think about this one some more!

I would buy a new vehicle. My current transportation is a 1998 Toyota Tacoma. She's holding up very well, and I might just keep her for a 2nd vehicle, at least for awhile. My current taste in vehicular transportation runs towards small and medium size SUV type vehicles. Maybe a Subaru Forrester, but probably something just a bit bigger. I used to really want a Nissan Pathfinder, but the current model looks a lot like a minivan and that doesn't appeal to me! I've got a few friends who are really into cars, so I will be seeking their advice.

Once I have my new home, I would buy more primitive antiques. I've had an early dry sink on the top of my antiques shopping list for several years. Suddenly $1,000 doesn't seem like a lot of money for one piece of furniture! I would need more furniture (much of it antiques) to furnish my home. I would finally be able to go to Round Top and Brimfield and, best of all, I would be able to buy pretty much anything I wanted at both shows!  

I would donate some money here and there. I just saw a story on CBS News about a "Secret Santa" who gives out $100 to random strangers. I like that idea!

And that's as far as I've gotten so far. Oh yeah, I have to let that temp agency know that I won't be returning to the law firm in January. Or maybe I will go back to work anyway ... I really do like having some "structure" in my day; otherwise, I just end up playing games on Facebook and eating too much ... while waiting for the "cha ching" from the Etsy app, letting me know that I've made another sale in my Etsy shop!

Ok, your turn! What would YOU do if you were the Mega Millions winner tonight ... instead of me? Leave me a comment and let me know!


0 comments: